EasyTAG is a utility for viewing and editing tags for MP3, MP2, MP4/AAC, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack, Monkey’s Audio and WavPack files. Its simple and nice GTK+ interface makes tagging easier under GNU/Linux or Windows.
- View, edit, write tags of MP3, MP2 files (ID3 tag with pictures), FLAC files (FLAC Vorbis tag), Ogg Vorbis files (Ogg Vorbis tag), MP4/AAC (MP4/AAC tag), MusePack, Monkey’s Audio files and WavPack files (APE tag),
- Can edit more tag fields : Title, Artist, Album, Disc Album, Year, Track Number, Genre, Comment, Composer, Original Artist/Performer, Copyright, URL, Encoder name and attached Picture,
- Auto tagging: parse filename and directory to complete automatically the fields (using masks),
- Ability to rename files and directories from the tag (using masks) or by loading a text file,
- Process selected files of the selected directory,
- Ability to browse subdirectories,
- Recursion for tagging, removing, renaming, saving…,
- Can set a field (artist, title,…) to all other files,
- Read file header informations (bitrate, time, …) and display them,
- Auto completion of the date if a partial is entered
- …and much more.